Front Loading Washer Smells
Get Rid of Front Loading Washer Smells
Wow! I have Awful, Moldy Smells in My Front-Loading Washer!
Run for the Nok-Out to deodorize completely, and use SNiPER to disinfect!
Those spiffy front loading high efficiency washers are indeed cool! These machines are a great addition to your wash room, giving you a lot of options, and clean clothes as well. There are some issues with these wonderful washers that may cause you some grief. Your laundry will often collect moldy, mildew odor which are transferred to clothing. Alas.
Because of the low water level, grime, dirt and even skin flakes along with detergents and water softeners do not always fully drain from your front loading machine. Another disconcerting feature is that residue builds up from using a cold water cycles. Over time, these residues get moldy, and everything you wash takes on that same musty smell.
This issue is treatable with Amazing Nok-Out.
- Clean your washing machine by spraying the interior tub with a fine spray of Nok-Out. Let it drip, or run down the sides of the tub. Wipe with a clean cloth. Repeat, paying attention to the door seals.
- Often a manufacturer will ask you to leave the washer door and the dispenser drawer open between uses. Mold needs moisture to grow, and drying your machine after the weekly washing loads will reduce the ability of mold to grow.
- You can also rotate the machine drum regularly to capture any left-over items, or pieces of plastic, etc. Who knows what is in the pockets of your wonderful son?
- Never leave wet clothes in the washer overnight!
- Use less detergent than is recommended to wash laundry. This will prevent some residue from forming.
- Use Nok-Out once a week. Gently, lift the door gasket, spray Nok-Out inside on and around the gasket for 3-5 minutes, and dry completely.
The odor problem in these expensive front loading machines is unfortunate. The washers do a great job of cleaning your dirty laundry, and are very energy efficient.
If mold/mildew does happen, and odors permeate your laundry, let Nok-Out be your best friend. It really works. Every time!
Still have questions? Call Ted toll free at 866 551 1927 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org