Get Rid of Black Mold
Get Rid of Black Mold in Your Home
Black mold can have a huge impact on indoor air quality in your home. This mold has the potential to be a source of health problems because molds produce allergens, irritants and in some cases, mycotoxins. Inhaling or touching mold or spores MAY cause an allergic reaction such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, skin irritations and asthma attacks. SNiPER disinfectant is an EPA registered fungicide, but it doesn't poison your internal home environment. It is 99.59% water and has the lowest toxicity rating that the EPA gives to any product. Breathe easier! Protect your family with SNiPER Disinfectant and odor eliminator. Using SNiPER disinfectant, you can get rid of black mold in your house safely and easily.
How to Get Rid of Black Mold
It is not practical that you could remove ALL mold and spores in your environment. There are spores floating around us literally all the time. Usually, however, the concentrations are very low and it is not a problem for most of us. But if you have a water leak or other water issue somewhere, and if those spores floating around happens to land on that wet spot, and if that area stays wet for 24 or more hours, you ware very likely to have some mold growth.
The best way to control the growth of black mold is to control and eliminate the water that mold needs to thrive. Molds can grow on almost any type of material if there is water present. Hard surfaces can be cleaned, soft or absorbent materials may need to be replaced.
Why Use SNiPER to clean Black Mold?
Most disinfectant are poisons and great care should be taken to protect yourself and your family from contact with them. SNiPER disinfectant is 99.59% water! Because it is not a poison, it is inherently much safer and leaves no toxic mess behind. It will clean mold and the spores if you treat the air using a fogger or other ‘atomizing’ type sprayer. SNiPER is strong enough to clean black mold, but safe enough to wash your hands in. Get some today!
Why not use bleach to kill mold?
It is a common idea that bleach kills mold. This is not true. Bleach does not kill mold. It will only weaken it, and make it change color. Bleach does not kill spores. Additionally, bleach is unsuitable for indoor use because of toxicity issues. Outside, bleach may be useful because it can cause a color change.
Who should do the cleanup?
If the moldy area is less than 10 ft square, then you can probably do it yourself. If it is larger than that, you may need to hire a specialist.
What can I do?
1. Find and fix any water leaks that may be present.
2. Vent humid air from the bathrooms to the outside using fans. Keep a squeegee in the shower stall and wipe down the stall walls and floor after every shower.
3. Use a de-humidifier to keep indoor humidity levels down to 30% to 60%. Increase ventilation throughout the house.
4. Prevent condensation near windows and other ‘cold’ surfaces by adding insulation and by frequently wiping those areas dry.
5. Do not install carpet in areas that are frequently damp, such as in the bathroom or near drinking fountains.
6. Immediately dry damp areas using fans. Do not allow puddles of standing water anywhere.
7. For flood cleanup, use pumps to remove all standing water and remove all materials that need to be disposed of as soon as you can. Dry everything using fans and forced air. After 24 hours, begin spraying any areas still wet with a light coating of SNiPER to prevent mold growth from starting. This will delay fully drying a bit, but it will tremendously slow the growth of mold until it CAN dry fully.
Black Mold Cleanup Procedures
After you have dealt with the moisture issue, you can begin cleanup. First, begin drying the wet areas. Use fans, dehumidifiers and increased ventilation to accomplish this.
Next, spray with SNiPER and using a soft scrub pad or bristle brush, try to scrub away the crud that is growing. Wipe away any crud that you have managed to scrub loose. Spray the entire area again and walk away allowing the area to air dry thoroughly. (If you have a heavy infestation of mold growing, then you should wear a filter mask during this ‘scrubbing’ stage to prevent inhaling spores.)
Black Mold in the Bathroom
Run the exhaust fan or open a window when showering. Use a squeegee in the shower to decrease the length of time your shower stall is wet. Keep a spray bottle of SNiPER handy and twice a week, lightly mist the entire shower area. Allow to air dry. Scrub away any visible black mold growth using a hard bristle brush, paying special attention to the grout. Mold actually grows into the pores in the grout.
Black Mold in Basement
Black mold often grows in basements during damp times of the year, when groundwater levels rise and basements become generally damp. Run a de-humidifier constantly during those times. If you see mold growing, follow the cleanup procedures above. If this is an annual issue for you and your basement, you can apply SNiPER easily and efficiently using a fogger, or in a more DIY approach, you can use a room humidifier or a common household vaporizer very effectively in rooms that are not too large. See https://www.nokout.com/Basement-Mold-and-Mildew-Removal.html and https://www.nokout.com/Vaporizer-How-to-use.html for additional guidance.
Black Mold on Walls or Ceilings
Unseen leaks from the roof, upstairs rooms or condensation leaks can be hidden from view. These unseen mold growths are often the worst because, being unseen, they may have a long period of time to grow and the first indication you have of a problem may be generally poor air quality that causes flu-like symptoms, or 'sick building syndrome'. Upon investigation, you discover that mold has been growing behind the walls. Find the leaks and have them fixed. This type of mold problem can be quite costly because you may well need to replace sheet rock and paint, in addition to having a professional remove the mold.
In the Kitchen
Check under the sink for leaks. If the stove exhaust fan vents to the outside, be sure and run that fan when cooking.
Make sure the exhaust from your dryer is not blocked or clogged with lint. This can help prevent excessive humidity in your cleaning rooms.
Outside the home
Make sure that gutters drain water away from the slab or exterior walls. Do not allow puddles of water near the exterior walls to sit for more than 24 hours.
© Copyright 2011-2018 All rights reserved.