House Cleaning with Nok-Out
CLEANING YOUR HOME WITH NOK-OUT:
Your clean home is more than sparkling, dust-free countertops, and well-vacuumed flooring. It should and can be free from odors, and free from harsh chemicals too…with Nok-Out!
TIPS TO MAKE IT SIMPLE AND EASY!
The most important thing to know in order to get the best results from Nok-Out is to remember that Nok-Out is an oxidizer and does it's job when it comes into direct contact with the stinky stuff. When this happens, Nok-Out oxidizes that smelly stuff and changes it into something that no longer has an odor. Therefore direct contact with ALL of the stinky stuff is necessary in order for Nok-out to do a thorough job of removing odors permanently.
MINIMIZE THE MESS
- Routine pick-ups and waste paper removal will keep things orderly and will help you to quickly resolve the problem when accidents occur.
- At the site of a big occurrence, carefully eliminate any dangerous items first: sharp glass, broken pottery, anything that may harm you, your family or pets.
FRESH, CLEAN SMELLING AIR
- Instead of synthetic odors of clove, cinnamon, lemons or flowers, simply spray the air with Nok-Out. Chemical deodorizing fresheners can irritate the eyes, and cause severe headaches. For best results, use a fogger, humidifier or vaporizer.
CARPET & UPHOLSTERY ODORS
- Remember that liquids (such as urine) will ‘wick’ outwards from the site of the contamination. Although the stain on top may be small, underneath, the damage may have spread in an irregular pattern. Treat outwards from the site of the stain, allowing penetration to occur. See: //www.nokout.com/Carpet-Odors.html
- To really penetrate into heavily padded upholstery pieces (or thick carpeting), dilute Nok-Out by up to 4 : 1 (water : Nok-Out). Apply heavily and allow NOK-OUT to saturate/penetrate up to 30 m. Then blot up any excess fluid and put fans on it to speed drying.
- A syringe filled with NOK-OUT may be injected into padding of both carpet and upholstery at regular intervals around the site of the contamination. This assures you of the likelihood of reaching all odor sources.
- Always test for colorfastness! Spray a white cloth with Nok-Out and rub vigorously in an inconspicuous area. Check for color transfer to the white cloth. If there is none, you are ready to proceed.
PET ODORS & PET CLEAN-UP PROCEDURES
- Keep your pets clean with regular grooming. Minimize the amounts of pet dander and pet hair in your home. Your can spray Nok-Out directly on fur to quickly remove all surface odors. Give your pet a rub-down using Nok-Out. A nice massage is good for the both of you!
- Even when diluted by 50%, Nok-Out retains odor eliminating qualities.
- Covered litter boxes may be just fine for you…but pity the poor cat who has to eliminate in them! Odors collect and stay inside! Treat the entire box, if you prefer the covered type. Spray the entire interior every time you remove solid wastes, or change the litter. Your cat will smile!
- Nok-Out works best in an alkaline environment. If your cat vomits on the floor (carpet or hardwood flooring) the acidic nature of vomit should be neutralized with a mild baking soda solution before using Nok-Out. Blot up as much as possible, saturate with a baking soda solution, blot again, and apply Nok-Out.
- Nok-Out works to eliminate odors and safely clean aviary cages and perches. It is totally safe to use, even around baby birds.
- You can even spray in the landscape where the neighbor's pet has eliminated. Reduce Nok-Out by 50% with water. Nok-Out will not harm your foundation plants and perennials.
REFRIGERATOR ODOR PROBLEMS
- Wipe the entire refrigerator (inside and out!) with Nok-Out. If your ‘fridge’ has a drip pan, clean it out every month, and spray liberally with Nok-Out. The moisture in the pan allows bacteria to grow…and smell bad.
- Spray the fins on the backside of the refrigerator, every-time you vacuum behind the box.
HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS:
- Wipe down the vents in each room with Nok-Out to remove dust. Spray Nok-Out into the vents to allow clean, fresh air to circulate into every room.
- Spray Nok-Out on the AC/Heat Filter every time you change the filter, and several times a year.
- Spray Nok-Out into the Return Air Duct, to help circulate and cleanse each room.
- For Dirty Sock Syndrome, see: Clean and Deodorize HVAC Systems.
MEDICAL ODORS & SMELLS IN THE SICKROOM:
- Mattresses and mattress pads may absorb body secretion odors. Long-standing odors may pose a more difficult application procedure, but once Nok-Out reaches the SOURCE of the odor issue, it is gone.
- The atmosphere in a room where chronic illnesses are present can be restored daily by a quick misting spray of Nok-Out.
- Remember that Nok-Out is for odors. SNiPER is our EPA registered hospital disinfectant and is the perfect disinfectant AND oor remover for your home. Unlike other disinfectants, SNiPER is non-corrosive, safe and is easy to apply.
- More information on Home Health Care Odors.
REMOVE SMOKE ODORS:
- Spray your hands with Nok-Out. It will remove all topical odors and keep non-smokers happier to be around you.
- Spray or wipe your ashtrays with Nok-Out to prevent a build-up of odor molecules. Your whole house will benefit.
- Keep a small bottle (the 4 oz. size is good) of Nok-Out in your purse or car for immediate odor removal in clothing or in the car.
- When the seasons change, and you switch out clothing for the next season, spray each garment with Nok-Out to prevent a hold-over of tobacco molecules in fabric. Allow to dry completely before returning to the closet.
- Spray door facings both inside and outside with Nok-Out to keep tobacco odors from spreading throughout the house.
- When treating a rental property occupied by a smoker, use a fogger to fog the whole house with Nok-Out or SNiPER. This easy-to-apply treatment will permanently remove tobacco smoke odors
HUNTERS & FISHERMEN:
- Spray your body, hands and clothing with Nok-Out when setting off to hunt. All traces of human scent will be removed.
- Spray fishing tackle (hooks, lures, lines) with Nok-Out. The fish won’t know you’re there!
- Go here for detailed instructions to remove the human scent.
- Always allow the site to air-dry completely after using Nok-Out. As an oxidizer, Nok-Out uses oxygen (being an 'oxidizer') during the drying process to do it's work. Direct contact with the source of the odor is essential.
- Residual odors from household fires (as when the popcorn burns up in the microwave) can be treated with a good spray of Nok-Out.
- Recreational vehicles when re-opened for the season may be completely deodorized with Nok-Out. Specific application instructions are available upon request.
- Spray Nok-Out around the base of the toilet. Allow it to penetrate into the grout.
- Stinky shoes and boots will smell fresh as new when treated with Nok-Out. Specific application directions upon request. After the party is over…refresh your home by spraying Nok-Out all over the house. Use as fine a misting sprayer as possible for the best penetrating results.