Sites Polluted by Petroleum Products
Using Nok-Out to remove petroleum-based odors
Nok-Out is a water based product. It is non-staining, hypoallergenic, non-cationic, non-toxic, biodegradable, and totally safe for you, your pets and the environment. Nok-Out works through the process of oxidation. It is important to remember that for complete results, Nok-out must get on the SOURCE of the petroleum contamination before the oxidation process will be totally effective. For larger sites of contamination, please contact Ted at email@example.com. for more specific directions.
- If the site of contamination is in soil, loosen the soil first with a trowel, spade or garden fork. Pour or spray Nok-out onto this site, and allow to penetrate into the soil. (not a muddy mess, but by loosening the soil first to allow good infiltration to occur)
- To treat hard or porous surfaces, identify the site of the contamination, and pour/saturate with Nok-Out outwards from the area being treated as a liquid will ‘wick’ away from the original site.
- Nok-Out may not remove petroleum stains, but often it will do so, as well as eliminate odors, if the stain is not of long-standing. Allow to steep for up to 5 minutes. If on a hard or porous surface, begin to blot by using a soft, clean towel. Apply pressure to the stain through the cloth. Lift and start over with a dry cloth. Allow to dry between pressures. If you wipe, and the stain begins to spread, stop this process and go to step b.
- Dry the site as quickly as possible using clean cloths to blot any wet places. Use fans to accelerate drying time.
- If an odor returns in 24-48 hours, treat again as above with Nok-Out reduced by 50% with water.
Understand that Nok-Out will work to remove this toughest of odor problems. However, one must use patience and persistence to accomplish the goal. If you have questions, please feel free to call Ted at 866.551.1927. He will be glad to work with you through this difficult problem.